Error - Should Be Sent To Wins Server
All Rights Reserved Theme designed by Audentio Design. smp Diamond Member Joined: Dec 6, 2000 Messages: 5,215 Likes Received: 0 Couldn't find user 'administrator' in UNIX password database. [2001/06/01 09:22:26, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(925) Rejecting user 'administrator': authentication failed [2001/06/01 09:22:26, A firewall interfaces are inbound.. Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? http://csimonitoring.com/error/error-should-be-sent-to-wins-server-nmbd.php
Can someone point me out what can be the problem? It was random and I did not change any settings during this . This will share each # user's home directory as \\server\username ;[homes] ; comment = Home Directories ; browseable = no # By default, the home directories are exported read-only. Linux PPC Other UNIX-Based Hardware Trading JustLinux Help File Library Audio Hardware Configuration Hardware Installation Networks Programming Software X Window Events JL Talkback JL Ideas Feedback Forum Suggestions Post Your Forum
apijnappels 0 23 Dec 2013 3:29 PM YourVPN-client(Jaketest)isinthe192.168.10.xnetworkwhenconnectedtoVPN,soistheWINSserver(andDNS).Yoursubnetmaskis255.255.255.255,thatlooksalittlestrangetome.Canyouping192.168.10.1?Furthermore,arethemachinesyouwanttoreachbynetbiosnameconfiguredtousethesameWINS-server?Isprodent-domain.lanthedomainnameconfiguredattheUTM-sideorjustattheclientwiththeVPN-connection?(IstillthinkDNSisabetterwaytotryandsolvethis). No change. This message returns any 4 minutes for any client > > PL> in the lan: > > > > PL> --> > > PL> Oct 21 10:03:18 TE-WET01 nmbd: [2002/10/21 10:03:18,
Home Forums Search Forums Recent Posts Your name or email address: Password: Forgot your password? server does Logged - An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.- If I have helped you and want to help back, https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/ arduino I've tried to search for these errors on the forum but couldn't find anything. I make the fowolling: - Create a new stub Code: mkdir -p /etc/zentyal/stubs/samba cp /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/samba/smb.conf.mas /etc/zentyal/stubs/samba/ Add the following code at [global] level to: /etc/zentyal/stubs/samba/smb.conf.mas Code: domain master = yes wins
name_resolve_bcast: Attempting broadcast lookup for name ESTHER-PC<0x20> Got a positive name query response from 192.168.12.50 ( 10.0.101.4 192.168.12.50 10.0.100.3 ) Connecting to 192.168.12.50 at port 445 Doing spnego session setup (blob See in the picture the records under the wins tool.. Click here to go to the product suggestion community L2tp/IPSEC netbios / cifis Heyeveryone, Ineedsomehelp.HowwouldIgoaboutresolvinghostnamesoverPPTPusingAstaro(freev8).IhavereadaroundtheforumsbutIamfindingitdifficulttogetadirectanswer.SomepeoplesaythatyouneedaWINSserversoIsetupaUbuntuWINS;nochange. I dont know what the issue is exactly with it.
How about a wireshark on your LAN interface do you see your nblookup or dns? So why would you tell you pptp clients hey its ok you use googledns???The sniff showing 51 snding smb stuff to .2 -- where was that sniffed at, at the client? Also make sure that your firewall is set to home or work. Useful Searches Recent Posts Menu Forums Forums Quick Links Search Forums Recent Posts Menu Log in Sign up AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and Deals Forums > Software > Operating Systems
- Your rules above that are wide open any any so even if that rule was correct it would never be needed or used.What are you lan rules?
- Possible # values are "standalone server", "member server", "classic primary # domain controller", "classic backup domain controller", "active # directory domain controller". # # Most people will want "standalone sever" or
- ardunio 0 23 Dec 2013 3:18 PM In reply to BAlfson: Thanksforthereply!
- Change the # next parameter to 'no' if you want to be able to write to them. ; read only = yes # File creation mask is set to 0700 for
- ardunio 0 23 Dec 2013 3:35 PM In reply to apijnappels: YesIcanping192.168.10.1andyestheclientsareconfiguredtousetheWINSserverat192.168.10.1.HowwouldIdothiswithDNS?HonestlyIdonotcarehowthisgetsdoneIjustwantittobedone.Ihavebeentoyingwiththisfordays..Thanksagainforyourhelp,Ireallycoulduseitproden-domainisremote apijnappels 0 23 Dec 2013 10:47 PM ifyou'reconnectedtotheVPNandyoudoannslookuponyourremotemachine(withtheVPNclient)DoyougetaproperresponsefromthecorportateDNS-server(192.168.10.1)?Canthismachineresolvethenetbiosnamesofthedevicesyouwanttoreach(addingthedomainnameitself)?
- I will check that now and see what happens .
- Try these links for some help on setting up Samba as a PDC http://www.linuxnewbie.org/cgi-bin/u...&f=13&t=006441 http://www.linuxnewbie.org/cgi-bin/u...&f=12&t=000681 If God hadn't meant for us to use GUI tools, there wouldn't have been a Xerox
- You want run wins on samba server.
- Error - should be sent to WINS server May 30 23:43:26 HomeNAS nmbd: [2014/05/30 23:43:26.167066, 0] ../source3/nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:213(process_name_registration_request) May 30 23:43:26 HomeNAS nmbd: process_name_registration_request: unicast name registration request received for name ^A^BSMB_NSCHECK
- passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* . # This boolean controls whether PAM will be used for password changes # when requested by an
You can ping we see.. http://forums.justlinux.com/showthread.php?43676-NMBD-logging syslog = 0 # Do something sensible when Samba crashes: mail the admin a backtrace panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d ####### Authentication ####### # Server role. Then I can query them via cmd line tool nblookupI don't believe windows 7 has wins features in netsh.. Member Posts: 427 Karma: +3/-0 Re: DNS , NetBIOS , CIFS and PPTP « Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 08:11:57 pm » Windows 7 machines block pings from computers not
The query should be unicast. dns proxy = no #### Networking #### # The specific set of interfaces / networks to bind to # This can be either the interface name or an IP address/netmask; # D 0 Sat Jul 4 19:39:34 2015 64000 blocks of size 8192. 63998 blocks available smb: \> smbclient --user=dani.gg //servidor/TIC Enter dani.gg's password: Domain=[LIBERICO] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.10] smb: \> ls . You should read the # smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed # here.
Just someone trying to connect to a random share #2 n0cmonkey, Oct 4, 2001 smp Diamond Member Joined: Dec 6, 2000 Messages: 5,215 Likes Received: 0 Thanks n0c #3 If computer 192.168.0.226 was not using WINS (which it must be), then you would get a BROADCAST message, not a UNICAST. - James W. -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional OntheremoteclientsideIcanpingthemachinesontheendpointandalsocandoanslookuponallofthem.nblookupfails. IcanpingmachinesonthelocalnetworkoverVPNbutIcannotresolvehostnames.
Logged johnpoz Hero Member Posts: 9778 Karma: +682/-78 Re: DNS , NetBIOS , CIFS and PPTP « Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 07:53:11 am » "every single packet came back If it is a Windows box see
As for the blank settings , these are the settings that are on the remote side .
Logged arduino Full Member Posts: 103 Karma: +4/-0 Re: DNS , NetBIOS , CIFS and PPTP « Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 09:23:36 pm » I am not having any Tango Icons © Tango Desktop Project. with group=rw permissions, set next parameter to 0775. ; directory mask = 0700 # By default, \\server\username shares can be connected to by anyone # with access to the samba server. There's definitely a lot of confusion on your network.
Your WINS server at 192.168.42.15 is sending requests directly to your Samba server for name registration requests for ATHOME. Do you want to help us debug the posting issues ? < is the place to report it, thanks ! Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? do I have to enter it in the WINS setting on the client regardless?That wireshark was taken from a desktop .
You need to set up Samba to point to a WINS server if you have multiple subnets and wish cross- subnet browsing to work correctly. going towards your wins or dns? Thanks again. Cheers I can access to the shares vía cli Code: smbclient --user=dani.gg //192.168.12.1/TIC Enter dani.gg's password: Domain=[LIBERICO] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.10] smb: \> ls .
All rights reserved.